- 2 Posts
Upgrading to 4.3
Hey guys, first post here.
I'm trying to upgrade my Galaxy S4 from 4.2.2 to 4.3, mainly so I can use the Galaxy Gear which I purchased.
I've read online that the update is out, but when I go to update the software in my phone it tells me that the latest software is up to date.
I'm located in Canada if it means anything, and any information is appreciated. Thanks!
- 11-13-2013, 02:26 PM #3
- 11-14-2013, 11:48 AM #4
- 1,508 Posts
Re: Upgrading to 4.3
The update process is a multi-step process. Google writes a new version of Android. The phone manufacturer takes that update and adds its own stuff to it. Then they make a separate update package for every phone they're going to issue the update for. (This means that, for instance, there's a 4.3 update for the S4 for AT&T and a different package for the 4.3 update for T-Mobile.) Then the manufacturer send the update packages to the carriers. Each carrier pushes out the update according to its own schedule. (There are intermediate steps, like Samsung writing an AT&T update, AT&T getting it, complaining about something, Samsung rewriting that thing, sending it back to AT&T, etc.)
So from the time the update is announced to when your carrier pushes it to your phone could take a couple of weeks, or it could take a year or two. Guessing what the weather will be in Toronto on September 15, 2135 is a lot easier than guessing when you'll be getting an update.
- By Choorp in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 57Last Post: 11-15-2013, 09:29 PM
- By pranxx in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 1Last Post: 11-15-2013, 11:04 AM
- By MONDINGO in forum HTC OneReplies: 10Last Post: 11-14-2013, 02:46 AM
- By ROADDOG64 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 11-13-2013, 12:14 PM
- By hichris123 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 11-12-2013, 11:31 PM