Looking to use second phone as a wireless receiver..

Joshlemo

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I know this sounds pretty simple - as I'm sure it probably is - but I haven't figured out how to do exactly what I am trying to accomplish yet.

I have a rooted Note 2 as my main phone. I have a rooted Droid X as my backup/secondary phone that stays in my room always connected to my home network to do things with tasker and interface with my phone.

What I would like to do is keep my Droid X constantly plugged into my sound system, and be able to push ALL AUDIO from my Note 2 (or any android device really) to the Droid X (via bluetooth or wifi - preferably wifi) so that it can play through the headphone jack over the sound system without ever physically touching the Droid X. The sound system and TV are a little old so they do not have DLNA. I know the solution to this probably lies in some sort of DLNA or UPnP, but everything that I have tried requires me to pick up the Droid X and select which music I want to play that is on my Note 2. I just want to be able to have the Droid X over in the corner and never touch it, and have something constantly running that will pick up whatever I have playing on the Note 2 media stream. I have tried a few different apps that use an airplay type of thing, which I think is kind of what I am looking for, but none of them worked.

Like I said, I know the answer is probably really simple.. But for some reason I can't get anything working. Any app suggestions?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa