- 1 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S3 Softbrick
I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747M and it was great. I did a lot of stupid stuff with it and ended up getting it softbricked. Do not worry though!! I figured it out. For everyone that is having this issue, this should work.
Firstly, get your hands on ODIN and the proper recovery file for your phone.
Put your phone into download mode (Volume Down+Power+Home). Then select download using Volume Up
Plug your phone into your computer and uncheck everything and select PDA. Browse for your .tar file.
Once the flash is done take the battery out then unplug your phone.
Now take your SD card and put a custom rom on it and Gapps. In this case i used the latest Cyagenmod rom.
Insert it into your phone
Load into recovery mode using Volume Up+Power+Home.
When you see the recovery writing in blue at the top of the screen let go of power but hold Volume up+home.
When you phone flashes the samsung galaxy S3 screen let go of everything.
Now simple look for load ZIP from external SD
Run the new rom, then run the Gapps file. Reboot your phone and whoola.
Worked for me. Comment if you have more questions :
- 11-16-2013, 11:01 AM #2
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Softbrick
Thanks for sharing.'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- By Matt_Zenick in forum Samsung ReplenishReplies: 6Last Post: 01-31-2014, 09:38 PM
- By Donald Bough in forum AT&T Galaxy NoteReplies: 5Last Post: 01-05-2014, 12:17 AM
- By Mimz921 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 5Last Post: 11-16-2013, 09:34 AM
- By Kinestron in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 11-15-2013, 04:30 PM
- By jayantbala in forum Sony Xperia UReplies: 0Last Post: 11-15-2013, 01:57 PM