- 2 Posts
Android kitkat 4.4 problems using google account and google imap for email
I setup my google account without any problem. I could check my google email through the gmail client and synchronize all other google services.
Then, I setup the general email client to my exchange corporate email and thought it would be nice to have my gmail email also in the same place. When performing setup I let the system do it automatically, but it created an IMAP account for this client.
Now I can not find a way to delete this account, neither to change it to use my google account instead.
Moreover, now my IMAP google account synchronizes well, but my google account gives me a synchronization problem.
Can someone indicate how to delete the IMAP account?
- 2 Posts
Re: Android kitkat 4.4 problems using google account and google imap for email
Well, turns out I just found the solution myself just now. I am reporting the solution in case someone else finds it useful.
Go to settings and click on the google IMAP account. Inside you should click on top of the area where it says when was it last synched, which will take you to a second screen which is almost similar to the first one (this is what does not make sense to me, but o well...). In this second account, when clicking on the vertical dots in the top-right there is an option to delete the account!
- 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM #3
- 01-16-2014, 02:06 PM #4
- 05-08-2014, 01:09 PM #5
- By XDCX in forum VerizonReplies: 5Last Post: 01-17-2015, 07:39 PM
- By sduda210 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 7Last Post: 11-19-2013, 12:35 PM
- By giran in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 1Last Post: 11-16-2013, 12:26 PM
- By peacemag in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 11-16-2013, 11:42 AM
- By aamir89 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 11-16-2013, 11:41 AM