Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where do i store my music onto my phone? Do i use a file organizer or something?

I think i'm going to use PowerAmp probably as my music player, but might switch if something else comes along that i like better. I want to load a bunch of music on my phone,but where does it go?

thanks.

Default Re: Where do i store my music onto my phone? Do i use a file organizer or something?

Ideally, put it in the Music folder (once you plug in your phone, you can browse the SD card, this is called the root directory, in the root directory there should be Music folder)

Or you can put it anywhere and the Media Scanner (which is an automatic thing Android does) should pick it up.

Also, since you are using PowerAmp (brilliant choice by the way) you can manually set which folders to scan under Settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Where do i store my music onto my phone? Do i use a file organizer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBB101 View Post
    Ideally, put it in the Music folder (once you plug in your phone, you can browse the SD card, this is called the root directory, in the root directory there should be Music folder)

Or you can put it anywhere and the Media Scanner (which is an automatic thing Android does) should pick it up.

Also, since you are using PowerAmp (brilliant choice by the way) you can manually set which folders to scan under Settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Worked great, thanks! And i added the "Fresh" skin, ahh, much better.

I would suggest maintaining the standard folder hierarchy--i.e., Artist/Album/Song.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I would suggest maintaining the standard folder hierarchy--i.e., Artist/Album/Song.
    I just dragged everything from my music folder in there, and my folders are set up, artist/album/song, so that's all i need to do, right?

Yep, that's what I mean. Sometimes, people will just drag a whole bunch of songs into the main folder, which can really be confusing if you end up using a folder-based player like MortPlayer.
    Thanked by:
    paisley99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    Worked great, thanks! And i added the "Fresh" skin, ahh, much better.
    I use the Flat Cyan skin, looks epic

Sent from my Nexus 4