How to print or save SMS

aznoz

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I know this has been asked (and answered) before and I have tried searching but my question is a little different to the ones I came across in my search.

All the others basically just wanted to save SMS as text and it looked like something you just type up in Microsoft Word.

What I'm looking to do is save and/or print off text messages the way they appear on your phone. With speech bubbles and all. Almost like an image I guess. Kinda like a screen shot.

Is this possible? Or do I need to screenshot and crop the messages bit by bit. I hope someone has a faster and easier way because I've tried multiple apps and I can't get the result I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I know this has been asked (and answered) before and I have tried searching but my question is a little different to the ones I came across in my search.

All the others basically just wanted to save SMS as text and it looked like something you just type up in Microsoft Word.

What I'm looking to do is save and/or print off text messages the way they appear on your phone. With speech bubbles and all. Almost like an image I guess. Kinda like a screen shot.

Is this possible? Or do I need to screenshot and crop the messages bit by bit. I hope someone has a faster and easier way because I've tried multiple apps and I can't get the result I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums.
Helium can back up your text messages. However, I have never had the need to try it so I don't know how it saves them.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is a way you can print/view text threads as displayed on the device. You will likely have to screen shot then piece together the images. Otherwise, consider Helium or any other app that allows sms backup/view.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SMS is just text. How it appears on the screen (bubbles, lists, etc.) depends on the SMS app you're using. You'd need a "printing app" that formatted the text in the same way to do what you want.

Maybe now that printing from smart phones is becoming more common, authors of SMS apps will give us a "print as seen" menu choice.