Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to print or save SMS

I know this has been asked (and answered) before and I have tried searching but my question is a little different to the ones I came across in my search.

All the others basically just wanted to save SMS as text and it looked like something you just type up in Microsoft Word.

What I'm looking to do is save and/or print off text messages the way they appear on your phone. With speech bubbles and all. Almost like an image I guess. Kinda like a screen shot.

Is this possible? Or do I need to screenshot and crop the messages bit by bit. I hope someone has a faster and easier way because I've tried multiple apps and I can't get the result I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    17,613 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: How to print or save SMS

Quote Originally Posted by aznoz View Post
    I know this has been asked (and answered) before and I have tried searching but my question is a little different to the ones I came across in my search.

All the others basically just wanted to save SMS as text and it looked like something you just type up in Microsoft Word.

What I'm looking to do is save and/or print off text messages the way they appear on your phone. With speech bubbles and all. Almost like an image I guess. Kinda like a screen shot.

Is this possible? Or do I need to screenshot and crop the messages bit by bit. I hope someone has a faster and easier way because I've tried multiple apps and I can't get the result I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Helium can back up your text messages. However, I have never had the need to try it so I don't know how it saves them.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    7,433 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I don't think there is a way you can print/view text threads as displayed on the device. You will likely have to screen shot then piece together the images. Otherwise, consider Helium or any other app that allows sms backup/view.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

SMS is just text. How it appears on the screen (bubbles, lists, etc.) depends on the SMS app you're using. You'd need a "printing app" that formatted the text in the same way to do what you want.

Maybe now that printing from smart phones is becoming more common, authors of SMS apps will give us a "print as seen" menu choice.