Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ahhh, my keyboard is a pool table!

Hi everybody! Fairly new to android and noticed today my keyboard sounds like a pool table. I have no idea what I installed to have caused this and am getting quite annoyed. If anybody has any ideas or any suggestions to get my normal keyboard sound back that would be wonderful!

Just some background, I have a nexus 5, and the only thing I can think of that may have caused this was a battery saver tool but I deleted that days ago. I highly doubt that's what caused but I haven't downloaded many apps that mess with settings just stuff like Pocket and what not. Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Ahhh, my keyboard is a pool table!

Welcome to Android Central! So are you saying that each keypress sounds like two billiard balls hitting each other, instead of the usual keytap? Are you using Google Keyboard, or some other one? And what happens if you reboot the phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your help! I'm using Google Keyboard, I also restarted it. At first it didn't make any sounds but alas its back.

Are you ok with no keyboard sounds? You can turn them off easily under Settings/Language & Input, then press the settings icon next to Google Keyboard, and uncheck "Sound on Keypress."
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nope, I really enjoy the sounds when they aren't breaking racks and whatnot. Thanks for your help though. Should I just delete a bunch of apps until it fixes it. Would that work or would it not fix the settings?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Djcjs. Esddffgf

Oops, was just testing if it still made the sounds.

Try uninstalling all updates in the Google Play Store's app page for Google Keyboard, then updating it again.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Okay I feel pretty embarrassed. I just checked my friends phone and it makes the same sounds. Which I guess leads me to question: does anybody else think the 'space' and 'send' keys sound like your playing a pool game?

Once again, thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time

They presumably make those key sounds different so you can easily differentiate actual character keystrokes from blank spaces.

Posted via Android Central App