Rooted and installed rom, after reboot, it wont turn on :)

shonemoc

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Yesterday i decided to root my xperia tipo, and i did that, and I also did CWM recovery and right after, i tried to install a new ROM. I found some "Xperia Z Fire Series 5 XP [Tipo]" rom and followed the instructions from yt....backed up, wiped everything, wiped cach, wiped the cache in advanced ( cant remember the name ) and than I installed the rom from phone sd memory... it showed as if succesfully installed. Finally, the video guy says that i should reboot the device (the first option in boot window) and to wait as long as it takes. So I did...I rebooted it and it just turned off...i left it whole night, hoping it will boot up eventually, but it didn't...After I realised it wont, i tried to turn it on, but when i hold the power button, it's just vibrating every few seconds for half a sec as if it will turn on, but it doesn't. The light doesn't turn on, nothing shows up on screen....when i push the volume down and power button at the same time, along with vibrating, the led light goes green every few seconds. When i put the charger in, it doesn't do anything. Only diffrence is that when i put it on the charger and than press volume down and power button, the led light turns green and it doesnt turn off untill i unplugg it. Is this what they meant when they said "bricked phone"? Thank you in advance, any advice is appreciated!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Yesterday i decided to root my xperia tipo, and i did that, and I also did CWM recovery and right after, i tried to install a new ROM. I found some "Xperia Z Fire Series 5 XP [Tipo]" rom and followed the instructions from yt....backed up, wiped everything, wiped cach, wiped the cache in advanced ( cant remember the name ) and than I installed the rom from phone sd memory... it showed as if succesfully installed. Finally, the video guy says that i should reboot the device (the first option in boot window) and to wait as long as it takes. So I did...I rebooted it and it just turned off...i left it whole night, hoping it will boot up eventually, but it didn't...After I realised it wont, i tried to turn it on, but when i hold the power button, it's just vibrating every few seconds for half a sec as if it will turn on, but it doesn't. The light doesn't turn on, nothing shows up on screen....when i push the volume down and power button at the same time, along with vibrating, the led light goes green every few seconds. When i put the charger in, it doesn't do anything. Only diffrence is that when i put it on the charger and than press volume down and power button, the led light turns green and it doesnt turn off untill i unplugg it. Is this what they meant when they said "bricked phone"? Thank you in advance, any advice is appreciated!

Welcome to the forums.
I am not proficient with Sony devices, but if you can't power on, access your recovery, or your bootloader, then yes, you do have a brick. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also don't know Sony phones, but look for instructions to boot into recovery (press this button, stand on that leg - some different nonsense like that for every manufacturer). If you can boot back into CWM, try reinstalling from the ROM zip file.

If it still doesn't work, turn the phone off, take out the SD card, connect it to your computer (some laptops have SD slots, or you may need a little $5 adapter to turn the SD card (the full size adapter) into a USB drive), download the ROM zip file again (you could have gotten a bad download), remove the card from the computer (the right way - use the "remove devices" icon in the tray, put the card pack into the phone, boot into CWM and try flashing again.

If not, Golfdriver is probably right, and I can't offer you any further advice. But the some of the people on the Xperia forum at XDA might have some way of "Forcing" a ROM into the phone,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12