Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to transfer contacts from Blackberry to Android

How do you transfer contacts from BB to an Android device when the BB does not have data? Have the BB8310 that was purchased before data was a requirement. Now moving over to Android but don't know the easiest way to transfer contacts. I have set up a gmail account. Thanks,

Global Posts
    10,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: How to transfer contacts from Blackberry to Android

Just a wild guess (I've never had a BB), but is there some way to export the contacts from the BB to a file? If there is, there's some way to translate that file to something either your phone or Google Contacts can read. (Google can read csv files, and that format is older than cell phones.)
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.

Does the OP need a data plan for the Google Sync, or is that done over the voice signal? OP had specifically stated no data, and I don't know enough about BB to know if a data plan is needed for that.

Yes, a data plan would be needed. Best bet would be to install BlackBerry Desktop Manager on a PC, sync the contacts to that then export to CSV to import to Google through Gmail.

Of course, this post is 4 months old so the OP may have figured it out by now..
    Thanked by: