1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 update problems.

I just got the recent 4.3 update for my Samsung Galaxy S3. It downloaded perfectly so no troubles in that department. My main problem is the lag and the slowness of the device. It's really laggy and unresponsive. I'm hoping this is just for the time being and will be ironed out in a while.

My other big issue, which might be a stupid thing to get worked up on, is the camera lock screen widget. I thought that with 4.3 we would be able to swipe left on the lock screen and the camera widget would open. So far I can't seem to make that happen even though I've swiped about a million times. I've also looked through the settings and I can't seem to find anything that would activate that.

I was really looking forward to being able to access my camera much faster and more efficiently being the avid photographer I am. If you have any info or tips for me to resolve these few issues please share. But other than that the 4.3 update is a beast. I really love it!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Galaxy S3 update problems.

Does the procedure mentioned in this article work for the camera lockscreen widget? How to quickly launch apps and camera from the Galaxy S3 Lock screen | Android Central

Also, for the lagginess, consider doing a cache partition wipe. Sometimes clearing out the leftover system data from the cache partition can help. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Does the procedure mentioned in this article work for the camera lockscreen widget? How to quickly launch apps and camera from the Galaxy S3 Lock screen | Android Central

Also, for the lagginess, consider doing a cache partition wipe. Sometimes clearing out the leftover system data from the cache partition can help. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    For the camera widget problem I didn't mean the apps I can launch with a swipe. I meant the actual widget that we got with 4.2 where we can swipe to the left and access the camera without having to unlock. Kinda like how the iPhone does it

Posted via Android Central App

The steps that are described in that article still allow you to access the camera without unlocking the phone:

1. Pull down the Notification drawer
    2. Touch the Settings icon (or touch the Settings app icon)
    3. Scroll down to Security and tap
    4. Tap on Lock screen options
    5. Toggle the switch next to Camera quick access to the ON position
    6. To use the Camera quick access feature:
    7. Tap the power button to get to the Lock screen
    8. Touch the screen and keep holding (you will now see a new icon of a screen lock on the screen)
    9. While holding your finger to the screen, rotate your phone left or right (to a landscape orientation) and the Camera will automatically launch