Is there a site to check which phone is running which android version right now ?

FaiqT

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i would like to know what is the latest firwmware for my Samsung Galaxy SII (GTI900) ? Is there any website to check that ? since my phone is rooted i can't check it via settings-software update. Currently i'm running 4.1.2 jelly bean.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i would like to know what is the latest firwmware for my Samsung Galaxy SII (GTI900) ? Is there any website to check that ? since my phone is rooted i can't check it via settings-software update. Currently i'm running 4.1.2 jelly bean.
It's not in the software update section. You need to go to your settings > more/system > about phone and scroll down to where it shows the firmware version. You say you're rooted, what ROM is it running?

FaiqT

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
It's not in the software update section. You need to go to your settings > more/system > about phone and scroll down to where it shows the firmware version. You say you're rooted, what ROM is it running?

I know where to check it, I wrote settings-software update to sum it up. I'm not using a custom rom, it's stock.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I know where to check it, I wrote settings-software update to sum it up. I'm not using a custom rom, it's stock.

Oh ok, I see. I don't see why it wouldn't show up if it's on the stock ROM. You can check for your specific model and carrier version on SamMobile to see what firmware versions there are but Idk if you can check which one yours is on. Sorry

FaiqT

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok, I see. I don't see why it wouldn't show up if it's on the stock ROM. You can check for your specific model and carrier version on SamMobile to see what firmware versions there are but Idk if you can check which one yours is on. Sorry

It doesn't show up because i rooted it, when i go to updates it says your device has been modified, anyway thanks for the site, it has some great news regarding s2 software updates.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't show up because i rooted it, when i go to updates it says your device has been modified, anyway thanks for the site, it has some great news regarding s2 software updates.

No problem. Were you able to find which one you're on?

FaiqT

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
No problem. Were you able to find which one you're on?

Man, you got the theme completely wrong, I know which one I'm on, it's easy to know, as easy as eating a piece of cake, I wanted to know if there was any updates for my device, since I'm rooted I can't check via settings. From the site you told I understood that there are not any updates, 4.1.2 is the latest version.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Man, you got the theme completely wrong, I know which one I'm on, it's easy to know, as easy as eating a piece of cake, I wanted to know if there was any updates for my device, since I'm rooted I can't check via settings. From the site you told I understood that there are not any updates, 4.1.2 is the latest version.

I'm pretty sure the Galaxy S2 series receive updates up to 4.1.2. In the future, you can either connect the device up to Kies (which should still work even if you are rooted) or search on the Android Central blog for your phone model and it'll pull up all the necessary information you need. Also, checking the manufacturing website for information on your device should yield some information. Unfortunately, I searched on Samsung's website and didn't see anything related to a GS2 update page - if information is there then it's buried somewhere.

Aside from that, there's no one source you can go to, that I'm aware of, and see a list of devices laid out with update information. You'll have to search through blogs/posts to find it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Oh, ok. I see lol
Yes, 4.1.2 was the last update for the S2. You are rooted so if you really want 4.2/4.3 you can flash a custom ROM :)