a budget tablet asus vs asus

Saakute

Nov 24, 2013
plus.google.com
sup guys i need your opinion. i am now in the need of a tablet device mostly it will be used go take notes in word and excel like programs a bit web surfing some ebook reeding and a little gaming when i take the train.
The thing is i live in poland its a country in. central europe and prices here are quite high. so i have been looking and the only 2 devices i can afford are made by asus first is the asus memo pad 7HD its got a nice screen and up to 10h battery life at least so they say byt there are some mixed reviews about it, some say it is a bitt choppy at times and i do not like that, the other device is the asus nexus 7 withe the tegra 3 chip, to be exact i think of the refurbisshed nexus from asus web page but here is my question is it worh it ? the only adventage i see is the nexus have gorrilla glaas and the nvidia chip witch is still quite powerfull surely more powerfull than the mediatek on memopad.
so im asking you gus withe the nexus devices and memo hd7 what are youre experiences with them, the thing i do not lieke about the memo pad is the lack of gorilla glass. my galaxy s phone i have almost 4 years now still do not have a scratch on the screen thanks to gorilla protection, and i am not a fan of putting some protective filter over the tablet screen.
the other thing is memo pad hd7 comes sith build in 16 gb and a sdcard slot shile nexus is just 8gb or 16 build in storage and thats it. what do you think guys i want a long battery life stable performance and i want this tablet to last, so in 2 years time it wont feel choppy. thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
hey. you are talking about the nexus 7 2012. that is the one with the nvidia processor. i just got it, and the thing is very suitable for me, and i do the things that you are looking to do....read, news, etc. i like it alot. the 2012 nexus 7 does come in a 32gb version.

in my opinion, i'd get the nexus 7 if i could find the 32gb version, though the 16gb version might be more than adequate. otherwise i'd go for the asus memo. i have no experience with it, but the sd card is a major plus. i was looking to buy the asus memo until i got a deal on the nexus.

good luck my friend.

Saakute

Nov 24, 2013
plus.google.com
thanks ;-) one more question dou you have the nexus 7 with 3g conectivity if so how is it ? is the range and speed ok?

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
no, i just have the wifi version. when i am out of wifi range, that is when i am reading books, or listening to music, or playing games.:)

Saakute

Nov 24, 2013
plus.google.com
ok thanks for the info - so i guess the battery last for about 8h that is my requirement. anyway if im lucky by the end of the upcoming week i should pick up either the nexus 7 or memo pad hd 7 i will let you guys know what kind of experience i got from one of them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress