newbie android user can't get a photo into a contact ?

timmy toad

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an old mate who has just got his first mobile phone, it is a Motorola Lazr on "3" PAYG

he has taken a portrait photo, with the phone, of a person on his contact list, he would like to put this photo onto the blank icon next to there phone number !

so we "set photo to", there is two choices, we select contact list, browse to the relevant position in his contact list and every time it says "read only, this cannot be used" ??

Please what are we supposed to do with this picture, to remove the READ ONLY tag ?

Tim

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think your friend's contacts are stored in the SIM card... He should import them to the phone or, even better, to his Google account for safe-keeping in the Cloud (and this also stores the contacts in the phone).

timmy toad

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Thankyou spooky droid , that has to be the answer, I shall have find out how to do that, thanks.
I do know he hasnt got a SD card in it, but he only really wants to use it for phone calls and texts NOT the internet, although I did make him a Gmail email when I set it up for him (but I didnt really know what I doing LOL), I shall have to see if we can just get his numbers off of his SIM card ;)

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12