Not able to download anything

pjones77

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
My wife has a Galaxy Note 2 and I think she has a virus that is preventing us from downloading any apps from the playstore. It also will not allow access to the camera or photos in the gallery (all pictures were stored to the phone not the SD card). I have tried to connect to a computer through a USB but the phone will not show up as a drive on the computer (I suspect a result of a virus). We took to Best Buy Geek Squad and they would only reset the phone but we don't want to lose all of the pictures (over 5 gb worth).

Does anyone know of a way that I can remove this virus since it won't let us download any virus scanning apps? Thanks for any help you can provide.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into the Recovery Menu, and clear the cache partition. This clears out temporary system data that might be messing things up. Personal data won't be lost.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    1. To power off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge).
    2. Select Power off.
    3. Select OK.
      linote.gif
      Allow several seconds for the device to power off.
  2. Simultaneously press and hold the Home button (
    home_key_icon.jpg
    )+Volume up key+Power button until Samsung logo appears then release.
  3. Select wipe cache partition.
    linote.gif
    Utilize the volume keys to highlight and the Power button to select.
  4. When complete, select reboot system now​ and press Power.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh crap! I forgot to edit that.

OK, now it's correct. Select "wipe cache partition," not "wipe data." Wiping the cache partition will not clear any personal data. Thanks for catching that!

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech