Help soft bricked s3!!!

nath-g

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
So my phone just randomly went onto the 'Galaxy S3' boot screen and kept bootlooping so I tried update/recover it through Kies and that failed. Now when I turn it on it goes to an error screen saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issure. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

So then I've tried do it with Odin 3.07 and that fails on me, is there a way to fix this as I've tried the only 2 ways I know about and both are failing.

I hope my phone ain't gone and broke properly!

It was working fine earlier then I looked at it and it was on the boot screen looping!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So my phone just randomly went onto the 'Galaxy S3' boot screen and kept bootlooping so I tried update/recover it through Kies and that failed. Now when I turn it on it goes to an error screen saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issure. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

So then I've tried do it with Odin 3.07 and that fails on me, is there a way to fix this as I've tried the only 2 ways I know about and both are failing.

I hope my phone ain't gone and broke properly!

It was working fine earlier then I looked at it and it was on the boot screen looping!

Try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html