HELP! HTC One problem

junzu

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I created an account just to ask this because I'm in a dire situation. I purchased an HTC One today (T-MO) and unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and flashed CWM. Naively, I decided to wipe and install a CM11 unofficial build that failed to install correctly. So, now I'm left with CWM. Is there any way I can gain access to the One's internal storage at this point or did I just perform the worst act that an android rooter can do? For the record, I'm not a complete noob, I was just impatient and decided not to create a backup initially

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you are able to boot into cwm there should be an option to mount USB/SD card. If so, you can transfer a file downloaded on the computer to the device. Otherwise, you'll need to access to a computer to install the original software via a RUU.

Let us know if you can access the SD card through cwm.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

junzu

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
There is no way to mount USB or internal SD card. I'm simply losing all hope :( CWM version 6.0.3.2 Touch

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The device has an external SD card? CWM has an "install zip file fron SD card" or wording to that effect. Choose it and you can select the file to install. Find the file you put onto the external SD card (a version of Cyanogen that will work with your phone) and let it install.

If you're saying that CWM can't fine the external SD card, mount the card in your computer. (If you don't have an adapter, they're about $3.) Check the card. If might have become a lump of silicon. If that's the case, just replace the card, put the zip file on it, put the card in the phone and flash the ROM. (The external SD card mounts when you boot into recovery - there's no option to do or not do that.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech