Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it possible to delete apps from Google Play Store account using laptop/desktop?

Having owned 11 different Android phones/tablets since 2010, I have a gazillion apps listed in my Google Play Store account. I know it is possible to individually delete apps from my phone/tablet, but for the love of all things telephony, once you delete an app it takes you back to the frickin' top of the list. I thought there would be a simple way to do this by going to the Play Store on my laptop, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get rid of them. I realize it is not a big deal, but being the obsessive person that I am, once I try to do something, I can't stop trying to figure it out.

Am I missing something? When I log into my Google Play Store account on my laptop and go to "My Apps", it lists all the apps that I have ever downloaded, but there doesn't appear to be a way to delete them like there is on a device!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you can figure this out, I will send you a .... well nothing, but at least you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are smarter than I am (sorry, that is not that big of a prize ).

Global Posts
    6,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Is it possible to delete apps from Google Play Store account using laptop/desktop?

I know you can go and remove them from the list, but I think that's just for that current device. Not sure if you can zap them forever so they never show up again.
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is it possible to delete apps from Google Play Store account using laptop/desktop?

Thanks, I can't figure it out, and what hair I had left is about gone now

You can't remove them from the Installed list on the Google Play website. Sorry!

Posted via Android Central App

That is too bad. It would really be handy rather than going through all the apps on mobile device. I have a ton as well and it would be much easier to be able to manage them using a laptop.

Global Posts
    5,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Two major things Google left out - removing a phone you no longer have and removing an app you no longer want. (How many of us haven't downloaded an app, used it for a while, then decided we didn't like it? Or a better one came out?) I have stuff I have on my list updated to run on Froyo. I can't even remember the phone it was in. (You can rename your phones, though - like Ex-1, Ex-2, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    Two major things Google left out - removing a phone you no longer have and removing an app you no longer want. (How many of us haven't downloaded an app, used it for a while, then decided we didn't like it? Or a better one came out?) I have stuff I have on my list updated to run on Froyo. I can't even remember the phone it was in. (You can rename your phones, though - like Ex-1, Ex-2, etc.)
    Ther must be a way to delete app from my play store account
    Is there any wsy to ask this Google

Please help

Quote Originally Posted by bunionboy View Post
    Having owned 11 different Android phones/tablets since 2010, I have a gazillion apps listed in my Google Play Store account. I know it is possible to individually delete apps from my phone/tablet, but for the love of all things telephony, once you delete an app it takes you back to the frickin' top of the list. I thought there would be a simple way to do this by going to the Play Store on my laptop, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get rid of them. I realize it is not a big deal, but being the obsessive person that I am, once I try to do something, I can't stop trying to figure it out.

Am I missing something? When I log into my Google Play Store account on my laptop and go to "My Apps", it lists all the apps that I have ever downloaded, but there doesn't appear to be a way to delete them like there is on a device!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you can figure this out, I will send you a .... well nothing, but at least you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are smarter than I am (sorry, that is not that big of a prize ).
    0. Open Google Play > My Apps > All
    1. scroll down to the very bottom (recommended, but not required),
    2. long tap any app (that is not currently installed),
    3. continue to click all apps that you wouldn't mind not seeing anymore, and
    4. hit the delete button at the top of the page.

This will remove them from your "My Apps" page. If you need an app that you deleted again, it'll be install able by searching for it again, even if it was a paid app.
    LG-isai

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    0. Open Google Play > My Apps > All
    1. scroll down to the very bottom (recommended, but not required),
    2. long tap any app (that is not currently installed),
    3. continue to click all apps that you wouldn't mind not seeing anymore, and
    4. hit the delete button at the top of the page.

This will remove them from your "My Apps" page. If you need an app that you deleted again, it'll be install able by searching for it again, even if it was a paid app.
    I saw this in Lifehacker. But it doesn't work (at least not any more).

Edit:
    Oh. This works from the Play Store App. I was trying to do that from the web. And also, multi-select and delete unfortunately doesn't work. You have to delete them one at a time. I used to never bother with the app since every time you deleted the app, it would scroll all the way to the top. Making it beyond painful. Fortunately it doesn't do that any more. It's still not particularly user friendly since not only do you have to delete it one at a time, you get prompted for conformation every single time.

Why? It's a huge problem.

Global Posts
    5,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

It worked about a week ago when I cleaned up my list.

No, it didn't work.
    When I add my account to the device, all the old software comes rushing back in, and installing themselves after I had uninstalled and removed from the My Apps > All list (by hitting the little X on the top right corner).

It's extremely vexing, because it clogs up my bandwidth and the device's resources, not to mention that it gives me the added homework of having to remove them from my device, all over again, one by painfully tedious one.

I'm certain this is deliberate and Google has absolutely zero intention of doing more than giving users the illusion of control. I suspect it's because keeping the apps there is a kind of back-end advertisement.

Welcome to Android Central! I think that if you go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck "Automatic Restore," you won't get all of your apps automatically installing. But not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! I think that if you go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck "Automatic Restore," you won't get all of your apps automatically installing. But not 100% sure.
    Hey!
    Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, it seems I already had that disabled, by default.