Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation HELP PLEASE!!! Samsung Galaxy S4; 4.3 Update turned off WiFi for good?

I recently updated my Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3; the update went 100% fine, no issues, no errors, nothing. After the apparently perfect install, I turn it on to find out WiFi WON'T turn on. The WiFi setting stays on "off" no matter how many times I click on it. I tried putting it in Airplane mode, but that didn't do anything either. I tried restoring to Factory Settings and that didn't work, either. I can't set anything up because it doesn't let me even turn WiFi on and I don't have signal because I purchased the phone unlocked. Please help me out! I have no clue what's going on. This never happened before on 4.2.2 and now I can't even use the phone. HELP!

Default Re: HELP PLEASE!!! Samsung Galaxy S4; 4.3 Update turned off WiFi for good?

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you restored to factory settings, do you mean you did a full factory data reset?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HELP PLEASE!!! Samsung Galaxy S4; 4.3 Update turned off WiFi for good?

Thanks! I'm a long time lurker, but now I actually found a reason to post.

Yes; I went into the settings and did a full factory reset.

Have you tried turning wifi on directly from the Settings menu, rather than the quick settings or widget?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah; I've tried doing the quick settings on the drop down menu, I've tried the widget, and I've tried going into the Settings menu and trying to press it. It lets me drag it to the "On" position and returns it automatically to the "Off" position. It doesn't even turn green or anything like it usually would if you put WiFi "On".

Found this article. Sounds like you might have to wait for another patch that Samsung will hopefully come out with soon. Since you won't be able to update using wifi, you'll have to do so over mobile data.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Do you know/think there is any way that I can downgrade back to 4.2.2, maybe?
    I'm stuck and unfortunately I can't use mobile data because I'm not on a network. Basically I'm screwed without a phone now. I really need to fix this or get back to 4.2.2 at least.

Let me see if one of the other Ambassadors who knows more about Samsung can help out ...
    Thanked by 2:
    PwnYourFace likes this.

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by PwnYourFace View Post
    Do you know/think there is any way that I can downgrade back to 4.2.2, maybe?
    I'm stuck and unfortunately I can't use mobile data because I'm not on a network. Basically I'm screwed without a phone now. I really need to fix this or get back to 4.2.2 at least.
    What carrier is the phone through?
    Do you have your own PC to use?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    PwnYourFace likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    What carrier is the phone through?
    Do you have your own PC to use?

Yes, I have my own computer to use.
    And it is a T-Mobile phone. Not on the network currently because I'm moving out of the country soon.

And thank you so much B. Diddy! I really appreciate all the help
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Yes, I have my own computer to use.
    And it is a T-Mobile phone. Not on the network currently because I'm moving out of the country soon.

And thank you so much B. Diddy! I really appreciate all the help
    Samsung updates.com has a library of stock ROMs.
    Look for your EXACT model number, and download it.
    You will need a program called Odin. Download and install that.
    Look over this: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN
    [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN
    And ask any questions before starting.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 2:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Look over this: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

If it wasn't because my wife would get mad, I'd probably kiss you right now. Thank you so much. I'll do this right now and tomorrow morning and get back to you with my results. Thank you SO much.
    B. Diddy and UJ95x like this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Look over this: [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Regarding the stock ROM; I went to the website and found the exact model I have and everything. My question comes at the download page, because it gives you two options: Option 1: Stock Firmware and Option 2: Kernel File. Do I need both or just one?

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Regarding the stock ROM; I went to the website and found the exact model I have and everything. My question comes at the download page, because it gives you two options: Option 1: Stock Firmware and Option 2: Kernel File. Do I need both or just one?
    Stock firmware.

Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Stock firmware.

You guys are amazing. Thank you so much. I am eternally in your debt. I appreciate all the help you guys gave me. Everything went through 100%; you guys are the best! Thank you so freaking much!!!
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

You guys are amazing. Thank you so much. I am eternally in your debt. I appreciate all the help you guys gave me. Everything went through 100%; you guys are the best! Thank you so freaking much!!!
    No sweat. Glad it went well. See you around the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Thanked by 2:

Golfdriver97 is master of all Samsung (and beyond).
    Thanked by:
    PwnYourFace and Golfdriver97 like this.

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Golfdriver97 is master of all Samsung (and beyond).
    Don't know if I would go that far.....maybe a Padawan....lol

B. Diddy and PwnYourFace like this.

Just don't turn to the Something Something Dark Sssssside ...
    PwnYourFace likes this.

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

To the OP: You may get update notifications in the future. You can ignore them, but from what I have heard if you keep hitting install later, it will force it back on. However, since you already took the OTA, as far as Samsung knows, you are up to date.

Thanked by:
    PwnYourFace likes this.

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Don't know if I would go that far.....maybe a Padawan....lol
    So we can stop holding our breaths for the AT&T N3 MJ5 root? (I'm not even pretending that they're going to put the downloadable up on the site so we can unbrick unsuccessful attempts.)

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    So we can stop holding our breaths for the AT&T N3 MJ5 root? (I'm not even pretending that they're going to put the downloadable up on the site so we can unbrick unsuccessful attempts.)
    Where Samsung seems to be going with Knox, it may be easier to negotiate for world peace in the middle east, abolish poverty, cure every form of cancer, and eliminate greed.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also kind sorta joking.....maybe....

Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Where Samsung seems to be going with Knox, it may be easier to negotiate for world peace in the middle east, abolish poverty, cure every form of cancer, and eliminate greed.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also kind sorta joking.....maybe....
    Now that you mention that, what the hell is it? I mean, Knox or whatever. I see it on here but I'm confused. And it can't be uninstalled. Can I root and just get it off with NoBloatFree?

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Now that you mention that, what the hell is it? I mean, Knox or whatever. I see it on here but I'm confused. And it can't be uninstalled. Can I root and just get it off with NoBloatFree?
    It is Samsung's version of security software. Can't be removed, disabled, etc. It is an app that has a multifaceted purpose.
    One is for the boot loader, seconds is for email exchanges.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

It is Samsung's version of security software. Can't be removed, disabled, etc. It is an app that has a multifaceted purpose.
    One is for the boot loader, seconds is for email exchanges.

Wow...so, do I just leave it alone? Or should I open it and set it up?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast