My Samsung Galaxy S4 won't turn on, keeps buzzing every 2 seconds have tried multiple chargers! HELP
I woke up today to my phone being off, I tried turning it on, and it said low battery - I was able to use it for 10 seconds and then it died. So I tried charging it. It has been "charging" for two hours and now refuses to turn on. But now it constantly buzzes every two seconds. I have 3 chargers, so in case the one I was using was broken, I tried the others, same thing. What is going on?
Now before you say that THIS IS THE REASON! My phone was on the sofa and fell into my dog's water bowl, the second it fell I took it out and checked everything. The inside didn't even have a single drop in it. And the little cotton indicator hasn't changed colour. I have small hopes that this can be repaired.
I am just PRAYING that this isn't because of the water. I am always careful and handle my phones well. But the rare times they slip, they fall in the smallest spaces with water in them. Example, my past phone was tipped from the nightstand and fell perfectly into a cup of water that was on the floor, that was JUST big enough to fit the phone. Same thing with the water bowl, out of ALL the spaces my phone could fall on the floor, it falls right into a tiny space of water...
If there is ANY tips you can give me, please do. I'm moving in two days and my phone is the ONLY way people can contact me.
Re: My Samsung Galaxy S4 won't turn on, keeps buzzing every 2 seconds have tried multiple chargers!
1) I guarantee that the charging port got wet. You plugged power into a wet port. First mistake,
2) The inside of the phone most likely did get wet. Not where you can see it, but a drop of water here, another drop there. And are you aware of how many organics there are in dog saliva? The metallic portions of the phone are being etched away and the non-metallic portions are having metallic salts growing shorts where there shouldn't be any. Even if you get the phone working again (see #3), I don't see it lasting very far into the new year.
3) With a vacuum cleaner with the hose set to suck air in (NEVER blow air into a phone), suck the air out of the charging port. Then with a very strong light and a good magnifying glass, look into the port. The "bar" across the length of it should be centered, not bent to either side. If it is, VERY CAREFULLY - using something non-conductive, like a DRY wooden toothpick, bend the bar so it's parallel to the edges of the port.
Now look for dirt. TINY little balls of dirt. Imagine what a bacteria excretes - that tiny. (There are carbide particles falling through the air constantly.) If you see one, CAREFULLY move it out of the port.
Now do the same thing to the plug on the end of the charger that goes into the phone. Suck out the water, then inspect for damage and dirt.
This may actually get the phone working. (After decades in this business, I don't really hold out any real hope, but the only alternative is the waste basket.) Plug the charger in and LEAVE THE PHONE ALONE for 24 hours. Then see if it turns on, connects and you can make a phone call.
In the future, if a phone gets wet:
Note A: If it falls into the toilet, put on at least one pair of surgical gloves - the kind you see in a doctor's office that come in a box that looks like a Kleenex box. Then immediately remove the battery. If the phone doesn't have a removable battery (LG, iPhone), rip the back cover off and remove the battery. Or throw the phone away - your choice. Then remove the gloves the antiseptic way - peel one glove off then, with the fingertips of that glove still on your fingers, peel the other one off. Drop them both into the trash. Now put on TWO pairs - two gloves on each hand, one over the other. Then put on a pair of "dishwashing" gloves. (You don't want the water from the toiler working its way into any little cuts and scrapes in your hands, do you?)
If the water was fairly clean, proceed to the "remove the battery" part. Water in dog's water bowl may be slimy, but it's pretty safe.
Find a meatloaf pan, or something about the same size AND NOT METALLIC (IOW either glass, Pyrex, ceramic or plastic) - a few inches longer than the phone, a few inches wider than the phone and about 3 inches deep. You'll also need 2-3 quarts of plain old rubbing alcohol. (Also called 70% alcohol or isopropyl alcohol.) Dump the phone in the dish, Cover it about an inch or two (higher than the phone) with alcohol. Swish the phone around. you want the alcohol to "scrub" off all the metallic salts, dog slime, orange juice - whatever got into it. Don't worry about the alcohol getting the phone wet - alcohol is hygroscopic - it ABSORBS water. Swish it around for a couple of minutes, then dump the alcohol and drain the phone. Fill the pan again and swish some more. Do it 3 times altogether. (I disassemble the phone and drown each and every part with alcohol swabs - since you can't do that, at least make sure you get all the "stuff" that was in the water out of the phone.)
Now put the phone into a jar of uncooked (regular, not minute) rice. Cover it completely. A half-gallon jar is about large enough. The rice will absorb any molecules of water that the alcohol left behind. Close the jar and put it away. (Just putting a wet phone into rice will NOT clean the junk off the phone. You'll have a dry phone, but every time the humidity gets above 20%, your phone will start to develop chemical reactions with that junk, and eventually die.)
Now alcohol-bathe the battery, A few times. Open the jar of rice and put the battery into the rice - NOT touching the phone.
Wait a week.
Now take the phone and battery out, put them together and you have a 50% chance that the phone is as good as just before it hit the water.
It's a lot of work. If your phone is worth $50 new, I wouldn't bother. Give it to one of your younger ones to play with. But if it's a $300 phone (new price - what you pay when you sign up for a new plan has as much to do with the value of the phone as it has to do with Martian monkeys), and 15 minutes of work can save it, why not? That's $1,200/hour you just made.