Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mayconvert
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 vs g2

Hi all, I have a question and would like any input any have. I just bought a note 3 on Verizon, and am contemplating exchanging it for a G2. Does anyone have any reasons why one would be better over the other? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Note 3 vs g2

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Rasmussen View Post
    Hi all, I have a question and would like any input any have. I just bought a note 3 on Verizon, and am contemplating exchanging it for a G2. Does anyone have any reasons why one would be better over the other? Thanks in advance.
    I owned the Note 3 and a friend has the G2. And I had the Optimus G Pro, so I am familiar with LG skin on android.
    Everyone knows it's hard to compare the Note with the unique S-pen to any other 'normal' smartphone.
    The G2 advantages:
    camera? I can't say its 'better' but for sure not worse.
    Size and comfort. 5.2' is still plenty big, but the device does fit the hand better than the Note 3
    I like LG's skin on android, some hate it worse than TouchWiz.

Note:
    S-pen, always the number one comparable because its the only phone with the pen and software to back it up.
    Size.. nom nom, that 5.7" screen is a beauty. (G2 has a great screen too)
    TouchWiz, love it or hate it, it is what it is. I like touchwiz as well. G2 will 'feel' less skinned than TW.

If you just got the Note 3 and it hasn't wow'd you into loving it like a sheep while on ecstasy, it might be a good idea to try something else.
    I had two note 3's and 2 moto x's before I finally went moto x. I love the Note 3. Absolutely incredible device, but in the end the moto features made me love the moto x a tiny bit more. The size of the Note 3 is a bit hard to get used to. Big.

If you legitimately use the S-pen, you won't care for a phone that doesn't have it. If it's a novelty that gets pulled out because its there, give the G2 a swing.
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8
    Thanked by:
    Mason Rasmussen likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    I owned the Note 3 and a friend has the G2. And I had the Optimus G Pro, so I am familiar with LG skin on android.
    Everyone knows it's hard to compare the Note with the unique S-pen to any other 'normal' smartphone.
    The G2 advantages:
    camera? I can't say its 'better' but for sure not worse.
    Size and comfort. 5.2' is still plenty big, but the device does fit the hand better than the Note 3
    I like LG's skin on android, some hate it worse than TouchWiz.

Note:
    S-pen, always the number one comparable because its the only phone with the pen and software to back it up.
    Size.. nom nom, that 5.7" screen is a beauty. (G2 has a great screen too)
    TouchWiz, love it or hate it, it is what it is. I like touchwiz as well. G2 will 'feel' less skinned than TW.

If you just got the Note 3 and it hasn't wow'd you into loving it like a sheep while on ecstasy, it might be a good idea to try something else.
    I had two note 3's and 2 moto x's before I finally went moto x. I love the Note 3. Absolutely incredible device, but in the end the moto features made me love the moto x a tiny bit more. The size of the Note 3 is a bit hard to get used to. Big.

If you legitimately use the S-pen, you won't care for a phone that doesn't have it. If it's a novelty that gets pulled out because its there, give the G2 a swing.
    Thanks for that. I'm actually coming from an iPhone 5s, so I'm not sure what touch wiz is. I'll have to look into that.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

G2 - can't remove the battery if needed (without a few large tools, like a hammer). No external SD card.

Not on my "acceptable" list. (Get a phone wet - you remove the battery BEFORE you check for severed arteries in your legs. Or you buy a new phone.)

I own a couple of N3s. (Well, I own one, my wife owns the other.) Would I make any changes if I were Dr. Oh-Hyun Kwon? Oh, definitely. But except for the fact that they welded the AT&T version down with Kryptonite and Impervium, I like mine and my wife loves hers. But there are a few apps that need root that I wish I could still run. (Terminal happens to be one of them. How can you run a Unix computer with no terminal? It's like a car with no steering wheel.)