1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android Tablet not booting after wrong CWM install

Hi, I hope I'm in the right spot!

I have an el-cheapo chinese 7" tablet with an Allwiner A20 dual core processor, which I bought off eBay (about tablet read "Wing", but that's about all I can remember).

It has a 512mb RAM and 4gb internal storage. I also have a 32gb TF card.

I thought (for some reason) that putting ClockWork Mod on would be a good idea, if I wanted to flash something like Ubuntu Touch, or CyanogenMod.
    Unfortunately, I hadn't reallised that the version of Clockwork Mod was not appropriate for this device, and booted to recovery.
    Needless to say, it didn't even make it that far... It'll only go as far as the very first logo, and no further.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please bare in mind, I'm still a bit new!

Default Re: Android Tablet not booting after wrong CWM install

Can you not use the bootloader to load the correct version of CWM into it?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi,
    I'm afraid not... The bootloader on this device can't be accessed. It's totally beond me as to why.
    I have tried to find ways of getting to it because it must have one somewhere... right? but no joy
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was thinking of trying a piece of software called Phoenix Card, but it's only for windows, and I'm an Ubuntu user :/

What did you use to install CWM on it in the first place? Did you use Rom Manager, flash the image file or flash the zip file? Stock recovery would not allow you to flash unsigned zip packages.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I flashed it via zip file on external tf card.
    Can't believe I put the wrong one on ><

Posted via Android Central App

I'm no expert, but, as I understand how these devices work: You're going to have to get to the boot loader. If all that's available is under MS-win, will it work under WINE?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Was using WINE, but no joy.
    I've tried everything I can think of to get to the bootloader, but nothing is forthcoming. No button combination seems to work, and thats with my trying them all for up to a minute... unlesd there's something I've missed :/

Posted via Android Central App