Accidentally deleted original Android App

James Tozer

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
ive just got an HTC one and somehow managed to accidentally delete the app for Photos, so now I have no app to get to my photos quickly which I would like to have on the home screen of my phone so I have quick access to my camera and photos, instead of having to go through the camera app or gallery app to get to my photos, how do i get this app back?

cheers

James Tozer

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, i didnt mean the app shortcut itself was deleted, i mean the actual app itself, in my list of apps, photos is now no longer there, so i cant do the long hold to create a shortcut to the home page, because it no longer is listed in my apps on my phone at all

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the Photos app that is part of Google+? The one whose icon looks like a pinwheel? You shouldn't be able to delete it, assuming you're not rooted. If it isn't in your app drawer, maybe it got hidden? Is there a way on your phone to hide apps in the App Drawer?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're talking about Gallery, the original Android photo gallery, might I suggest QuickPic? I know Gallery is somewhere on my phone, but I prefer using QuickPic. I think it's just a better app for the purpose. It's free at the Play store.