1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Thumbs down Android Browser not streaming video like iOS

the Android Browser is not streaming the video, it forces it to download it first to play it in the Android Player or some other video app I have on the phone (The Daily Motion website won't even play videos, it shut plays audio). On my old iPhone, I would touch a video and it would stream through the browser, Chrome, Dolphin, Safari, etc. But with Android, it always wants me to download or try to play through an app which doesn't work or it just doesn't work. I have tried, Dolphin, Boat, Chrome, Opera, Baidu... none of them just play the video with problems. I didn't have this issue with iPhone, and it's kinda upsetting that I have such powerful hardware (Galaxy Note 3) and stuff just doesn't work like it should.
    Is there a work around? At first I thought it was just my phone, but i tried it on my friend's HTC One and got the same results, so it must be an Android issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Android Browser not streaming video like iOS

A link to one video that doesn't work might help us to help you.

Welcome to Android Central! Which browser are you using--Chrome or the stock Browser (I'm not even sure if that's an option on the Note 3)? Remember that Flash is no longer supported in Android, so if the videos in question are Flash videos, you'll have problems streaming them. If the videos are HTML5, then you should be able to see them. I agree with Rukbat, give us an example of a video that won't stream.

You shoud let us know your Android version as well.

It is possible that when you open the video Android asked you to specifically play the video with a choice of apps and you selected it to permenantly play with an app that does not support the video.