- 6 Posts
SuperSU and Superuser
I have a galaxy note 10.1
I've rooted it.
I'm confused tho why I have two super user icons, SuperSU and Superuser. Am I looking at two different things?
SuperSU if I click on it, asks 'The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue?' It asks this everytime i run it.
Superuser on the other hand also asks me this. I click 'Install' I get Installation of Superuser was successful
In the allow column is SuperSU,Titanium Backup,DataCreate and Root Checker.
Just a bit confused.
- 12-06-2013, 06:36 PM #2
- 1,134 Posts
Re: SuperSU and Superuser
Each superuser app use their own "su" binary. They all manage root. Just use one at a time.
There are two apps called Superuser. One by Koush, which is a very respective dev, this is the default for CyanogenMod roms. And one by ChainsDD.
SuperSU is made by ChainFire, this is the one I use and to me the best out of them since it have some useful features. The paid version can keep root over OTA updates.
Last edited by someguy01234; 12-06-2013 at 08:20 PM.
- By xgman in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2013, 03:26 PM
- By CompMan2012 in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 4Last Post: 12-09-2013, 05:51 PM
- By Gr8hot1 in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2013, 09:16 PM
- By Waterdroid in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 12-07-2013, 04:56 AM
- By lonescv in forum IntroductionsReplies: 6Last Post: 12-06-2013, 07:00 PM