How to get the Phone storage space getting low warning away

confused100

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
My phone, HTC Inspire (yeah, it's a old piece of ****. Don't have money right now to buy a new phone), keeps on coming up with this warning: "Phone storage space getting low". It's either between 113 mb - 115 mb left on internal space (out of 1.0 gb). There's absolutely nothing on here that the phone would allow me to delete. I cleared everything I can in the cache/clear data area sometimes this allows it to go from 113 mb to 115 mb other times it doesn't. I don't use facebook, internet, google mail (etc), etc. Only things, I really use is the text messaging and the GPS/map (when needed but then I always clear it afterwards), the camera/photo gallery. Call me crazy but I doubt those things are clogging up the memory. There's nothing downloaded other than the antivirus app and multi-task task killer app. If there is anyway that I can delete all the crap that is already downloaded on my phone (factory settings) that came with it please let me know. There's only 400 photos on the phone and there's always at least 1 conversation in my messages but I always keep it less then 500 'messages'. I saw somewhere to go to the settings and unchecked the box that said 'fast boot' when shutting the phone off and back on again. That only worked once or twice and now it's not doing anything. Is it possible to still receive texts with 113 mb left?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My phone, HTC Inspire (yeah, it's a old piece of ****. Don't have money right now to buy a new phone), keeps on coming up with this warning: "Phone storage space getting low". It's either between 113 mb - 115 mb left on internal space (out of 1.0 gb). There's absolutely nothing on here that the phone would allow me to delete. I cleared everything I can in the cache/clear data area sometimes this allows it to go from 113 mb to 115 mb other times it doesn't. I don't use facebook, internet, google mail (etc), etc. Only things, I really use is the text messaging and the GPS/map (when needed but then I always clear it afterwards), the camera/photo gallery. Call me crazy but I doubt those things are clogging up the memory. There's nothing downloaded other than the antivirus app and multi-task task killer app. If there is anyway that I can delete all the crap that is already downloaded on my phone (factory settings) that came with it please let me know. There's only 400 photos on the phone and there's always at least 1 conversation in my messages but I always keep it less then 500 'messages'. I saw somewhere to go to the settings and unchecked the box that said 'fast boot' when shutting the phone off and back on again. That only worked once or twice and now it's not doing anything. Is it possible to still receive texts with 113 mb left?
All you can do it go into system settings > applications > then sort by size. Clear the cache of the apps with the most memory use. The long term solution is to delete unused apps and/or continue to delete cache in the future.

Hope this helps :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First delete your app killer app. Killing apps is about the most INEFFICIENT way you can run Android. (I'm surprised that DIddy didn't post the link for that.) Then clear all cache and reboot the phone.

But remember, when you have a quart container, at the point that you've poured 30 ounces of water into it, space *IS* getting low. You have a phone with a small amount of memory, a lot of which is taken up by the operating system, pictures can take considerable space, a good antivirus data file is huge. You've put about as much as you can into that phone, Saving a few K here and a few K there won't give you an enormous increase in space.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First delete your app killer app. Killing apps is about the most INEFFICIENT way you can run Android. (I'm surprised that DIddy didn't post the link for that.) Then clear all cache and reboot the phone.

But remember, when you have a quart container, at the point that you've poured 30 ounces of water into it, space *IS* getting low. You have a phone with a small amount of memory, a lot of which is taken up by the operating system, pictures can take considerable space, a good antivirus data file is huge. You've put about as much as you can into that phone, Saving a few K here and a few K there won't give you an enormous increase in space.

LOL, you're right about the task killer. I just thought the overarching problem was the small amount of onboard storage to begin with.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781