1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default phone ist stuck on startup screen

hi guys,

i am new to this forum so i hope i am asking this question in the right category.

i have a alcatel one touch 4033a device running on android 4.2 jelly bean. it is custom made for my sevice provider digicel and re branded as the digicel DL 700.

the phone is not even a month old. yesterday i wanted to get some pics from my pc to my phone so i connected to my usb and upon mounting, my pc said that the card needed to be formatted. so i formatted the card. i was using a lot of apps that where stored on the card so my device started lagging. i did a battery pull and it got stuck on the start up screen. also any time i connect a usb cable or charger it turns on by itself and still stuck on the boot screen. i tried factory reset and cache wipe from recovery mode but it still stays stuck at the bootscreen. i am new to android so i hope someone out there can help me. i there a way to do a clean os install from the sd card? and if yes where can i find the original factory android jelly bean software for my device? or can i use any android 4.2 jelly bean version?

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: phone ist stuck on startup screen

Quote Originally Posted by Cherlique View Post
    hi guys,

i am new to this forum so i hope i am asking this question in the right category.

i have a alcatel one touch 4033a device running on android 4.2 jelly bean. it is custom made for my sevice provider digicel and re branded as the digicel DL 700.

the phone is not even a month old. yesterday i wanted to get some pics from my pc to my phone so i connected to my usb and upon mounting, my pc said that the card needed to be formatted. so i formatted the card. i was using a lot of apps that where stored on the card so my device started lagging. i did a battery pull and it got stuck on the start up screen. also any time i connect a usb cable or charger it turns on by itself and still stuck on the boot screen. i tried factory reset and cache wipe from recovery mode but it still stays stuck at the bootscreen. i am new to android so i hope someone out there can help me. i there a way to do a clean os install from the sd card? and if yes where can i find the original factory android jelly bean software for my device? or can i use any android 4.2 jelly bean version?
    Welcome to the forums.
    Sorry to take so long to respond. When you did the format and then pulled the battery, that interrupted it. You can try to flash alcatel's ROM. Try going to their website. They may have download there. And, no, not any 4.2 ROM will work.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

hey im in trinidad did u solve the problem

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by synisteer View Post
    hey im in trinidad did u solve the problem
    Welcome to the forums!

If you have the same issues and a factory reset doesn't solve the problem then contact the carrier or manufacturer and try and get a replacement or repair on the device.

I'm not sure that there are Alcatel factory restore options available as you would find for other OEM devices.