1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Google Nexus 4 - randomly bursting in to life...

Hello all,

First post after finding your community. There are some very knowledgeable chaps on here so hopefully you may be able to assist.

Tried the old google investigation and had a look around here but cannot find any reference to my issue.

A few weeks ago my keyboard vanished from my phone, tried loads of things but in the end took a bit of advice from a mate. I basically factory reset it which seemed to sort it out, apart from one thing.

Quite randomly the phone bursts in to life and plays a tune, nothing I have put on and nothing I have heard from the general settings on the phone - it actually sounds like an alarm style tune. The only way I can stop it is by shutting the phone down, there are no notifications, the phone doesn't light up, I have anti virus which has found nothing.

Any ideas? I'm thinking it might be an app but I have no clue what it might be as I have nothing different on to what I had before, it doesn't happen often enough to delete one of the apps to see if it is one of them - it's happened maybe 7 or 8 times.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help.

YB

Default Re: Google Nexus 4 - randomly bursting in to life...

Welcome to Android Central! Try installing , then wait until the next time this happens. When it does happen, open Wakelock Detector and look at the Full Wakelocks. It should tell you what apps have actually awakened the phone fully, including turning on the screen (i.e., without you doing anything).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for that B.
    Is there another similar app you would recommend as it is saying it isn't compatible with my phone - running 4.4.

Hmm, looks like wakelock detecting apps in general won't work on KitKat any more unless rooted. Here's an article describing a workaround: