Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By woolala
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default HTC One cannot access internet

Hi all!

I'm having an issue with HTC One. The problem is the phone CAN connect to wifi / mobile network, but it CANNOT access internet. Every time I try to access any websites or apps that require internet connection like Facebook, it takes so long for the page-loading thing, and then it said:"The webpage is not available" or "No network connection." I also attempted to shut it down and restart, disconnect wifi and re-type the password. It doesn't work at all. Could anyone please help me? Thank you very much!

P.S: I did test the other devices, and the network works fine. So, apparently, it's not the network problem itself.

Default Re: HTC One cannot access internet

Welcome to Android Central! So you're saying this happens regardless of whether you're on wifi or mobile data? If you have the same problems on mobile data, then I won't go into the various things to try with your router.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Have you tried resetting the router? Also, check the device for updates and accept an update of one is available: system settings - about phone - system update.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Hi!

It's completely up-to-date. I'm quite sure that the issue is obviously not from the router since I already tested my laptop and my sister's phones, and they worked perfectly. I have tried to connect my friend's wifi. Still, my phone connected successfully but can't access internet. I'm wondering if there are any solutions besides formatting the phone?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by woolala View Post
    I'm quite sure that the issue is obviously not from the router since I already tested my laptop and my sister's phones, and they worked perfectly
    This actually does not always prove that the router isn't the problem. I've had direct experience with only one device that had issues (among several that were connected and had no issues), and a router reboot or some other tweak helped. I've also read numerous posts describing this. So it's still worth a try.

Also, try going to Settings/Wi-fi, long-pressing your home network, selecting "Modify network," checking on "Show advanced options," and making sure Proxy is set to "none."
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Hi Diddy,

I've just found out a way to fix the network issue. I switched to airplane mode and then restart it. It works!!!

Thank you and srkmagnus for the trouble.
    B. Diddy likes this.