Facebook notifications on Droid Maxx pulldown menu

Bob Ihlenfeldt

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I've looked everywhere and can't find any info on this...

I just got a new Droid Maxx. I downloaded the Facebook app, but the problem is that it places all of my Facebook direct messages (emails, not "likes" or comments) on the main pulldown screen (the one where you swipe from the top when the phone is open).

I don't want this. I'm not a huge Facebook user, and I only want to see that stuff when I directly log into Facebook. I tried unchecking the box in Settings > Active Notifications, but these notifications are still appearing. With the iPhone, it was easy to simply turn off push notifications, but I can't seem to find this on the Droid Maxx.

Is there a setting I'm missing that controls the content that appears on the pulldown menu? How can I stop this from happening?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So you're saying that within the Facebook app, you swiped in from the left to access the App Settings, and unchecked Notifications?

If that's the case, then try unchecking Facebook chat on that Settings screen as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21