1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Email, Contacts, Tasks, Calendars, and (perhaps) Texts across multiple devices and platforms

I would like to be able to synchronize Contacts, Tasks, Calendars, and Texts between my PC and my Andoid phone. I would like to do this without using Google, since Google stores the stuff on their servers.

At the moment, my email resides on a server we own in a NOC.

I use Thunderbird with Lightning on my PC which gives me email, tasks, calendar, and contacts in one interface.

I then use MyPhoneExplorer to Sync with my Android. This gives me tasks, calendar, and contacts synchronized, but all in separate interfaces and then I've got K-9 for email which is again separate.

What I'd like is an email client that included tasks, calendar, and integrated properly with contacts on both my PC and my Android.

I'm willing to use pretty much any software on the PC and on the Android, but I've found nothing that does this cleanly.

My tasks are email centric, meaning that I create tasks out of emails because that's how I get work requests.

I'm interested to know if anyone has found a good solution. I'm willing to use any combination of apps on my PC and on my Android, but the ideal solution would be one applications for all of it which integrated nicely with the Android phone contact list.

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Email, Contacts, Tasks, Calendars, and (perhaps) Texts across multiple devices and platforms

I don't think there is any one app or service that meets that criteria. I'll keep an eye open just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app