1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone has HUGE power consumption.

I often have notifications telling me my phone is using more power than my charger/external battery pack is able to provide. how do I fix it ?, could it be my phones battery ?

Please, how do I fix this ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phone has HUGE power consumption.-1386592405341.jpg   Phone has HUGE power consumption.-1386592440165.jpg  
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Phone has HUGE power consumption.

Imagine how cool it would be if we knew what kind of phone you had.
    Live long and prosper.

Banned

Get a new cable and fix that God awful notification bar

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Imagine how cool it would be if we knew what kind of phone you had.
    Sorry, I have an HTC EVO 3D X515m running Android 4.0.3 (ics) and sense 3.6 (EVERYTHING IS STOCK)
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

This message don't necessarily mean that the device is using an inordinate amount of power. It may be that you're using a charger that wasn't meant for your device. Not all chargers deliver the same amperage. Is this a 3rd party charger?

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

That is the charger that came with the phone.

The second screen shot is when I was using an external battery to recharge my device.
    Banned

You could have a damaged cable

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well in all honesty the cable is being held together with duck tape...I always have issues with my cables, one makes an inconsistent connection, I buy a new one, a few moths later...same problem.

I'm tiered of replacing cables,

Do you know of a good quality cable company ?

Even my one Belkin retractable cable is now giving problems.

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Duct tape? Really? I honestly can't fathom why a cable that is being held together by duct tape might have some difficulty transmitting power to your phone.

g2 cm10.2
    Last edited by Haalcyon; 12-09-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    Live long and prosper.

Might depend on how you typically treat your cables. For example, if you routinely wrap the cable around the charger when you're not using it, the constant stress on the internal connection between the wire and the plug might make it come loose or fray more easily.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Chargers are meant to charge batteries, not to power cellphones. If the battery is almost dead, you CAN NOT run a high power app just by plugging in the charger. You have to charge the battery (which typically takes about 16 hours). There are a few options. You can run an external battery (not an external battery-powered battery charger, which it sounds like what your "external battery" is). You can run a 5 volt/3 Amp (or more) charger (with a phone that has USB 3.0 charging capability - you can not run the phone on the current you can put into it with a USB 2.0 charging circuit). You can carry spare batteries and swap them as needed. You can buy an extended battery (but that just extends the problem - it'll eventually run out of power too.)

If you have a car with a gas tank large enough to get you 500 miles, you CAN NOT drive 700 miles without putting more gas in the tank, one way or another. And that's what you're asking for. You're running an app for a long enough time that it's using more power than your battery can hold. You have to supply more power somehow. (And, as I said, a USB 2.0 charging circuit can't take enough power to do that, so it won't.)