Need simple freeware for android 2.3.5 mobile to do auto-on and auto-off everyday.

plainman007

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Micromax brand mobile which runs on Android 2.3.5.

Is there any freeware which can auto-on and auto-off at a particular time ?

Actually it has an inbuilt feature AUTO POWER ON/OFF which is on the main menu and works but in such an absurd way, when the phone is about to auto power-down. It WILL power down. There's no cancel. The manufacturer was even more stupid to give a dialog (with an alarm sound) that says "switch off your phone, correct ?" and only an OK accept button. No cancel. LOL. What a joke. I wonder how brands like this are making this kind of stuff and yet making millions out of selling whatever trash they can. Even a senseless person wouldn't make a dialog asking you an option and giving you only one option. No matter what you do the phone will shut within 10 seconds after it shows you that dialog with no option to cancel. Tried even escape key, power button, vol rocker etc to see if it may circumvent the logic lacking dialog. Even if you dont click ok it will shut down. Stay away from this lousy brand. The internal menus are mostly in home parlance. "Shall this be done ?" "Memoery Clean ?". Programmers who lack the memory to spell memory.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
that says "switch off your phone, correct ?" and only an OK accept button. No cancel. LOL. What a joke.
Try the "back" button - that usually cancels dialog boxes.

As far as a Power On app, no. If the power is off, the Power On app can't be running (no app can run on a computer that's turned off), so unless they put a mechanical alarm clock on the phone, it would be Power Kind Of Off, so that the phone would be "on" enough to run the Power On app. Might as well just set the alarm.

BTW, some days, almost no one posts for hours. Other days there's someone posting almost all the time. It varies by day, weather, forum (I offered to make ringtones, but the last post in that thread is growing whiskers).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol