gmail problems on samsung galaxy s

arjayel

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i have had my galaxy s for 2 weeks now and generally happy with it. however, the other day i changed my gmail password thru my laptop computer. now my gmail in the galaxy s won't open (thru the gmail widget - 'no connection' even if i'm connected to the internet - yet my yahoo mail opens w/o a problem). when i go to the email widget and try to open my gmail account from there, it says that my username or password is incorrect. i'm thinking that's because i changed my password thru my laptop and maybe my old password is what's being used by the galaxy. problem now is, i can't find thru 'settings' or any other menu where i can enter the new password. now i can't access my gmail from the celphone.
Any ideas, please, anyone?

DukeHatz

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
From what I've heard, your phone should give you a notification up top in the notification bar telling you to update your password.

If it isn't there maybe try restarting your phone and see if you can get that notification to appear.

ashleymartin

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
how to change password

What I did that worked was you go into the account settings and click on the incomming server and change only the password, than go to the out going scroll down change only that password. Thanks.