Yahoo mail email help please!!!!

ciscocv

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
ok guys, so i just got my droid a few days ago and i come from a blackberry. i love the phone and it is something i want to stick with. i am very familiar with technology and i have followed the directions on how to set up an email account over and over. i have honestly tried this for two days in a room. in multiple locations with the wifi always off!!! i cannot get this darn thing to accept my information. i have followed the video tutorials, the directions on this forum, crackberry, and droidforums as well!! nothing is working. i have read and seen in some places that you need yahoo mail plus and others that you do not need it. i finally tried a separate email account which is live/hotmail and that worked instantly!! my email is really important to me so i would greatly appreciate all of the help i can get. or some kind of solution to this problem. i have also heard that on the dec 11th upgrade will fix this issue. is this something i need to wait for or can i do it before than. please help a member out and help me find a solution to this problem that is making me pull my hair out!!!

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure what to tell you. I have a Droid and get my Yahoo! Mail through the EMail client without any trouble (except when attached to wi-fi). I used the directions on the forum and it worked like a charm.

raqiib

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
@yahoo.com tags are not working right now...
I was on the phone with a verizon tech on Thursday trying to set mine's up...he has his set up,but he couldn't access his for some reason either...my @sbcglobal.net set up was straightforward....
It must be something going on with the yahoo network right now

leo

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Please help

Amazingly out of the many problems I am having with yahoo mail on my new DROID what ciscov84 is descibing isn't one of them!

I would be satisfied if someone could elp me with my biggest problem or at least shine a ray of hope.

I have the "delete from server" setting disabled because I never delete emails as a rule. However I do like to keep my droid inbox clean.

My DROID insists on reloading old deleted messeges into my inbox. Doesn't matter how many time I delete them, or how much time passes. That has to be a simple bug to fix. If I deleted an email from the Droid I NEVER want to see it there again

Is anyone else having this probelm?

ok guys, so i just got my droid a few days ago and i come from a blackberry. i love the phone and it is something i want to stick with. i am very familiar with technology and i have followed the directions on how to set up an email account over and over. i have honestly tried this for two days in a room. in multiple locations with the wifi always off!!! i cannot get this darn thing to accept my information. i have followed the video tutorials, the directions on this forum, crackberry, and droidforums as well!! nothing is working. i have read and seen in some places that you need yahoo mail plus and others that you do not need it. i finally tried a separate email account which is live/hotmail and that worked instantly!! my email is really important to me so i would greatly appreciate all of the help i can get. or some kind of solution to this problem. i have also heard that on the dec 11th upgrade will fix this issue. is this something i need to wait for or can i do it before than. please help a member out and help me find a solution to this problem that is making me pull my hair out!!!

Jim W

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this will help, but I could not get Yahoo to work for me either until I used these settings. Gmail of course worked with just the email account plugged in. haha

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

INCOMING
Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
port - 143
security type - TLS (if available)

OUTGOING
SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
port - 25
security type - TLS (if available)
* check Require sign-in

stfd1249

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have been able to set my up, however twice after 2 days it tells me that my username or password are incorrect??? I fixed it the first time by removing the account and doing the manual set up again. This second time its not working at all...I'm lost!!

Jim W

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have been able to set my up, however twice after 2 days it tells me that my username or password are incorrect??? I fixed it the first time by removing the account and doing the manual set up again. This second time its not working at all...I'm lost!!

I found it weird the manual setup step was even required, it's not like Yahoo is some obscure website. haha

They must do something funky, though my old BB had no issues with it, but that was about the only thing it did "better" than my new phone. :p

leo

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Folks, help! Is anyone else going insane because yahoo email deleted from the DROID (but not from yahoo) keeps comming back as new unread emails?:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38