Auto Updates.

xclairebell

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Y phone is keep automatically updating apps that I don't want updating. I already know how to turn off auto updates through the play store so I have and it's not doing no difference. It keeps auto updating every few hours and really starting to get on my nervous because I can't download anything because with all this stuff downloading it keeps saying I don't have enough space.

Please help me otherwise I'm selling the phone and getting a different one that if defiantly NOT an android because it's nothing but a load of rubbish.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
That was an entry level phone two years ago..... of course you should be buying a new phone by now. Just don't blame the entire Android system, your phone is many generations behind current standards.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Y phone is keep automatically updating apps that I don't want updating. I already know how to turn off auto updates through the play store so I have and it's not doing no difference. It keeps auto updating every few hours and really starting to get on my nervous because I can't download anything because with all this stuff downloading it keeps saying I don't have enough space.

Please help me otherwise I'm selling the phone and getting a different one that if defiantly NOT an android because it's nothing but a load of rubbish.

Welcome to Android Central, and sorry to hear about your frustration. To be sure we're on the same page, you're saying you've turned off app auto-updates by opening Google Play Store, tapping the Menu button, then Settings, then Auto-update apps, then you've selected "Do not auto-update apps," correct?

How do you know apps are auto-updating? Do you see a message in the notification bar that an app is updating? Apps don't get updated to a newer version that often, so it seems odd that your apps would be auto-updating every few hours

Another possibility is that your phone is malfunctioning. It might help to clear the system cache partition, which is where temporary system data gets stored. If there's some faulty data there, sometimes things can act strange. If you clear the cache partition, you won't lose any personal data or settings.

Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting "wipe data," make sure you select "wipe cache partition." Once it's done, select "Reboot system now," and see how it works.

How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) - YouTube

xclairebell

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I can blame the Android system all I want because I only got the phone in June and it's been perfectly fine until it deiced to crash and delete all of my contacts and wipe the whole internet broswer because of all the unnecessary stuff that keeps auto-updating.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What about the questions I asked, about whether you're certain it's apps that are auto-updating to new versions, or some other process going on? As I mentioned above, apps shouldn't keep auto-updating to new versions every few hours, since new versions only come out once every few weeks to months.

xclairebell

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
What about the questions I asked, about whether you're certain it's apps that are auto-updating to new versions, or some other process going on? As I mentioned above, apps shouldn't keep auto-updating to new versions every few hours, since new versions only come out once every few weeks to months.

It seems to be okay now because I left the battery out over night and it hasn't once updated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2