PLEASE HELP! Factory reset on Nexus 4 gone completely wrong..

Gregor Laurence

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
So a while back, I used adb to put android 4.4 kitkat onto my Nexus 4 (unrooted) for the first time. Normally I would wait for OTA updates but not in this case. So, when I did that the google play store wasn't working. I was annoyed, and went to loads of forums and every time I posted a thread I would get no response. Google customer support's only advice was to factory reset. So I waited a few weeks until recently when the 4.4.2 update came out, so I tried installing it and there was an error. After even more posting to forums, and still no responses (strangely they were all active forums) I just now had to do a factory reset. However, I can't sign into google (it says that there was a problem communicating with Google servers and to try again later, and when I press next the message repeats infinitely until I press the home button.) and also my google play services are apparently incompatible with my device?!

I don't know technical details and stuff, and I need this help urgently. Please, please help!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you didn't wipe all your partitions when you updated so depending on how you did the installation it might carry old files from the older version which may cause issues, but since you said you did a factory reset it should have solved it.

If you follow this guide, on step 5, it tells you to use to use "fastboot erase" command before the actual flashing so you start off completely fresh and no carry over: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...3923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html