1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DL'd .jpegs on Android aren't copying as valid files onto PC ???

I've run into a strange problem. I've tried both copy and move on this. I can long press a pic on Chrome and Save As....which ends up as a jpeg in my download folder. I can view this without issue on the tablet, for example. When I try to copy or move the file to my pc, it's as if it doesn't copy/move all of it or it's just considered unreadable; yet, it is fine on the tablet.

Anyone else know of or experience this?
    Loving my new SG3.
    Previously happy EVO 4G owner ..mostly..
    Acer A500
    Thankful for Android Central. It's how I learned about Android and dived into the deep end!

Default Re: DL'd .jpegs on Android aren't copying as valid files onto PC ???

Can you copy a picture from one folder to a new folder on the tablet? Maybe once the photos are in a different media folder they'll move to pc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

How are you trying to copy the JPEG over to your computer? Are you using your USB connection, or a wireless file transfer app like ? Another workaround would be to upload the JPEG to Google Drive, then access it there from your computer.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

And what's your default program for jpgs on the computer? If may be trying to open in the wrong program. (I actually knew someone who had Notepad set as the default program to open bmp files.)