- 4 Posts
I recently updated my android to 4.3.
A lot of people say that if you get a big update, it is the best to do a factory reset for faster performance.
Is that true?
If that is the case, is there a way to do a factory reset and keep some data of some apps?
Like example, i have an app that I spend my money on to buy ingame items and such. If i do a factory reset, all my ingame items will be gone and have to restart everything.
is there a 100% safe backup and do a factory reset for me to keep my app data?
- 12-15-2013, 12:35 AM #2
- 12-15-2013, 09:48 PM #3
- 1,116 Posts
- AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1
Re: factory reset.
If you flash a ROM, IOW change to a different operating system, it's not only smart to do a full reset, it's almost mandatory. A new system trying to use the data from an old system - where the data it's looking for may have absolutely nothing to do with the data it gets - can cause the system to crash.
An update is normally written so that the data locations stay the same, or the old data is ignored.
- 12-19-2013, 01:01 AM #5
- By City_Kidd in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 03-09-2014, 06:53 PM
- By Cathy9887 in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 01-03-2014, 04:17 PM
- By Gregor Laurence in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2013, 01:05 AM
- By Adam Ashby in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 5Last Post: 12-13-2013, 07:10 PM
- By TriodeProjects in forum GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2013, 04:20 PM