1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App2SD?

I know people are excited about being able to move their apps to their SD card, but what is the major gain from doing so? I currently own a Droid Incredible and have plenty of space for my internal phone storage, and know not all phones come with 8gigs of internal memory so its a big thing to those users. I was just wondering if there was anything else to gain besides that...

Gain more memory and it is a legitimate (in some eyes) way of wasting time. I have it installed and love wasting time watching it move things around.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Quote Originally Posted by JokerSage View Post
    I know people are excited about being able to move their apps to their SD card, but what is the major gain from doing so?
    More space. That said, not everything can or should be stored on the SD card.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Advantage: Space. 16GB is a LOT more memory than what's actually included internally on the phone(s).
    Disadvantage: not every app is capable of being moved to it (just yet, hopefully).
    }i{ Amy the Gadget Queen
    Fun fact: I have had over 25 phones from all four major carriers and one prepaid carrier. The title says it all (:

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JokerSage View Post
    ..., and know not all phones come with 8gigs of internal memory so its a big thing to those users. I was just wondering if there was anything else to gain besides that...
    I think you are right: it is all about saving extra space for more apps. If you have 8-16 Gb, then you don't really need to worry about it at all, at least for a while. If your average app is about 5MB, then you could have ~1600 apps with 8 Gb of memory.