Can anyone help me transfer files from pc to tablet?

atlusfox

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I just perchused a tablet that has android jelly bean on it. Figuring sense I know a lot about pcs I figured it would be just as easy with the tablet. Oops I was off. Figuring that I could just use the micro usb to transfer files I found its more difficult than I thought. I looked around tried multiple file managers yet I have no success. The main issue seems to be that the files shown on both items are different. For example all i can see on the pc end is
.android secure
.lost.dir
Android
DCIM
External_sdcard
pictures

on the tablet I see none of these. not even pictures. When I try to search the file that I can see on the tablet on the pc end it always shows that they don't exist. Why. Can some one teach me how this works. How can I transfer my files. How do I get the pc and the tablet to properly communicate so I can see all the files on the pc.

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
One, download ES File Explorer. I know this one works and is simple.

Two, I would suggest that you plug your tablet into your PC via the USB cable and then transfer the files that way.

Three, Create a folder on your Android device which has a name you can remember. Put the files there.

Once you've unplugged your device open ES File explorer and look for the folder. You should now be able to select the files and do whatever.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you plug an Android device into your computer via USB, you can't see every folder because of limitations of Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) which is how Android devices typically connect. MTP allows certain folders to be seen by your computer's file explorer--typically media-containing folders. You can't see other folders (e.g., folders containing app data), because that might make the folder inaccessible to the Android app that needs it, and therefore cause it to crash.

Android's basic folder structure usually includes folders for Movies, Music, and Pictures, among others. These folders are on the Internal Storage, not the external microSD card. (You can always create a similar folder on the microSD card using any file explorer app, or by inserting the card into your computer and using the computer's file explorer.) When you plug the device via USB, the computer should at least be able to see those folders. You can then drag and drop files from your computer to those folders to transfer or copy them.

If you primarily want to transfer a lot of media files onto an external SD card for use on your tablet, the easiest way is probably to remove the microSD card from the tablet (remembering to unmount it first--do so in the Settings>Storage menu), insert it into your computer (using a fullsize SD card adapter), and then copy your files over to the microSD card. To make things easy, simply create folders similar to the ones in Internal Storage, like Movies, Music, and Pictures. When you reinsert the microSD card into your device, the Media Scanner should look over the entire SD card to find media files and index them for the system. So when you open something like the Gallery app, you should now see those pictures.

A third way to move files is wirelessly, using an app like AirDroid or Wifi File Explorer. These allow you to access your device's directories using your computer's browser over a wifi connection.

atlusfox

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I found it. I turns out there are two internal memory storage in my tablet. The inturnal and sd build in. On my pc all can see is the sd but on the tablet the sd can't be seen.