My internal storage space keeps getting lower, even though I don't have many apps, what can I do to free up space?

Saif Mahbub Rahman

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
My internal storage space keeps getting lower, eventhough I don't have many apps

Recently, I have noticed that my android phone keeps telling me I have insufficient storage. So, I start deleting most of my apps, except for Facebook, Viber, Whatsapp and the pre-installed apps. However, in my apps section, it shows I have used up 863MB whereas in the storage section, it says I have used up 213MB. Funny thing is, Facebook, Viber and Whatsapp are all installed in my SD card. I have to force stop my Facebook app and clear the cache files in order to use my phone. This is really frustrating. Can someone help me out??? I think its a bug, or else it really doesn't make sense to me.

FYI...i'm really new to the whole android experience, been only a month and a half.

:(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: My internal storage space keeps getting lower, eventhough I don't have many apps

Recently, I have noticed that my android phone keeps telling me I have insufficient storage. So, I start deleting most of my apps, except for Facebook, Viber, Whatsapp and the pre-installed apps. However, in my apps section, it shows I have used up 863MB whereas in the storage section, it says I have used up 213MB. Funny thing is, Facebook, Viber and Whatsapp are all installed in my SD card. I have to force stop my Facebook app and clear the cache files in order to use my phone. This is really frustrating. Can someone help me out??? I think its a bug, or else it really doesn't make sense to me.

FYI...i'm really new to the whole android experience, been only a month and a half.

:(

Hello, and welcome to the forums.
What version of Android are you on? Settings>About phone (or device) to find out.

Edit:Also what phone do you have?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My internal storage space keeps getting lower, eventhough I don't have many apps

Welcome to Android Central! If your phone has a small App Storage partition, then you're pretty limited as to how many apps you can install, and how much data can be built up before memory runs low. Moving apps to the SD card doesn't move the whole app--some of it has to stay behind on the App Storage partition in order to run correctly. Review this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Saif Mahbub Rahman

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Thanks...well im currently using aChinese android phone named symphony xplorer W71, which has an android 4.1.2 running

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Chances are it has pretty low internal storage. Try posting a screenshot of your Settings>Storage screen.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site

Actually, I get the same message from time to time when updating apps from the Play Store. And after checking my storage and realizing I'm fine... I just ignore the error message. I've yet to actually suffer from lack of internal memory... Ever. I think it's a bug in Android that falsely reports it.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta

bmaz121

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

It stops the install. So what is the fix? Ignore it?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463