Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone stopped working out of nowhere, what's wrong with it?

I have the ZTE Awe for Virgin Mobile, I've had it for roughly 2-3 weeks and all was fine up until this morning. I was texting like usual then I turn for a couple minutes to find it unresponsive, black screen and won't turn on, nothing displayed when I plug the charger in. Something to note might be that the water indicator in the bottom of the battery has red + signs on it (not sure how long it's been there I haven't removed the battery up until today), yet I've never dropped it in water, maybe it's because of moisture? When I put the battery back on and press the power button the LED light blinks red once, when I plug the charger in it blinks red twice. I've tried looking for a hard reset guide on google but there isn't a lot of info on my phone. Does anyone know what the problem is? Can I fix it or do I need a new phone and/or battery?

Default Re: Phone stopped working out of nowhere, what's wrong with it?

Remove the battery and without re inserting it plug the phone in. Try and turn it on. If not then try and turn it on with the battery while plugged in. If that fails leave it plugged in for about an hour (with battery) and try. All seems redundant but it's worth a try.

No water damage. The plus signs are normal I believe. The sticker turns a solid color or something if it's damaged.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Phone stopped working out of nowhere, what's wrong with it?

This is rare, but I have heard of sudden death for phones. This may be a case. I would try Eclipse2K's ideas first. If those come up with nothing, I would go about getting a new device; if you have insurance, see how that goes.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here