1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Default [Q] Is there an app that turns the screen off but doesn't lock the phone?

I'm currently using an app called Screen Off and Lock from the Play Store:

Any recommendations for a similar app that turns the screen off but does NOT lock it.

Default Re: [Q] Is there an app that turns the screen off but doesn't lock the phone?

What's your reason? You can just turn off the lockscreen (or at least I assume you have that option).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Default Re: [Q] Is there an app that turns the screen off but doesn't lock the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by clemson77on View Post
    What's your reason? You can just turn off the lockscreen (or at least I assume you have that option).
    I'm using a feature called Trusted Bluetooth Devices on my Moto X. Basically, when you're connected to a trusted device like say a Pebble watch, it'll bypass any secure lockscreen you have enabled. And when you're out of range or disconnected, the secure lockscreen resumes.

I use that Screen Off and Lock app to turn my screen off via a Nova Launcher gesture (double tap) instead of pressing the power button. The problem is that it also locks my phone and overrides the trusted device feature so the next time I turn my screen on, I still have to enter my PIN to unlock it. If I just hit the power button, it does not lock it and the trusted device works as intended.

So I'm looking for a similar app that turns the screen off but does NOT lock it. I hope that's not too confusing.

I think I understand. It sounds like you could use Tasker to automate this. Does this article help?
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clemson77on View Post
    I think I understand. It sounds like you could use Tasker to automate this. Does this article help?
    Yea, I was going to look into to Tasker. I'm definitely a Tasker neophyte so I'll have to do some digging. Was hoping someone could recommend an app in the meantime.