Changed to new gmail account in existing phone.

mufc_rao

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I just created a gmail account/profile and i wanted to use this new account in my existing Samsung S4 which i have login with another gmail account.
I manage to remove the old account ID and login with the new ID, all sync was done. BUT i found that some of my existing contact is without name but having the phone number and i am not sure if there is any missing contacts? Why is that? is there any other solution to fix this?

Then I retry to login with the old ID and the contacts details came back to normal with one or two without the names.

I need help in this.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are all your contacts stored in your new account? If not, when you deleted the 'old' one (where I assume all your contacts are), your phone syncs with the new account and throws away any old data. If you're seeing something 'leftover' it might have been something that was copied either to the SIM card or from another app like Facebook and such. What I'd do is transfer all your contacts from your old account into the new one via web browser first, then sync your phone with the new account so that all your contacts are re-synced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21