Random Home Screen

nitronovice

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Every now and then, I get this weird screen when I press the home button on my Galaxy W.
The only way to exit this screen is to press the back button. Sometimes pressing the home button again will bring me back to this screen.
The first few times it did this, it prompted me to run it through either Accuweather or Clock. After I deleted Accuweather, it defaulted to running through Clock, as seen in my task manager.
Any advice on what it is and how I can get rid of this nuisance?
Thanks.

SC20131209-163530.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How different is that homescreen from your usual homescreen? Is it just that it's blank, or that there are different apps in the Favorites Tray?

The prominent mute and exit buttons at the upper right make me wonder if this is somehow related to car mode.

Try this--go to Settings>Apps>All, select "Homescreen" or "Launcher" (it can vary with the device), and then tap "Clear Defaults." Then press the Home button, and see if it gives you a choice of what to launch with the Home button.

nitronovice

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
This is my normal home screen.
I just found Accuweather.com in my applications list, although I uninstalled Accuweather a few weeks ago.
I just hit "force stop" and "clear data", and Accuweather.com no longer appears in my app list.
I'll keep you updated.
Thanks

SC20131219-182032.png

nitronovice

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay, after 2 days without issues, that home screen just popped up again, along with the "Accuweather.com" reappearing under my app list. Any ideas as to what's going on?