Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EviI
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to manually delete my post attachments?

I'm a bit confused with the Android Central file attachment system. It said files that aren't utilized will be auto deleted in an hour, but everything I ever uploaded is still there even if I remove it them a post. Including an image I uploaded that gave me a warning in the process.

I just uploaded files with the same name twice and it's very confusing differentiating between them. The only thing I can do right now is move the unwanted files into a folder. It let me delete that folder, but it said the files within will return to the home folder.

I'm using Chromium btw.
    Last edited by someguy01234; 12-21-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Default Re: How to manually delete my post attachments?

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    I'm a bit confused with the Android Central file attachment system. It said files that aren't utilized will be auto deleted in an hour, but everything I ever uploaded is still there even if I remove it them a post. Including an image I uploaded that gave me a warning in the process.

I just uploaded files with the same name twice and it's very confusing differentiating between them. The only thing I can do right now is move the unwanted files into a folder. It let me delete that folder, but it said the files within will return to the home folder.

I'm using Chromium btw.
    I've has this problem before, and I was so confused but I figured it out.
    When you're editing a post, click the 'Go advanced' button. Then, scroll down to 'Additional options' and under the 'Attachments' menu, it should have a list of the attachments you have uploaded.
    Click 'Manage attachments' and then you can delete the unwanted ones.
    srkmagnus likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How to manually delete my post attachments?

Quote Originally Posted by EviI View Post
    I've has this problem before, and I was so confused but I figured it out.
    When you're editing a post, click the 'Go advanced' button. Then, scroll down to 'Additional options' and under the 'Attachments' menu, it should have a list of the attachments you have uploaded.
    Click 'Manage attachments' and then you can delete the unwanted ones.
    I've already tried that with no avail, it have the window with all the files you evver uploaded, but I can't right click on any of the files icon to delete them. I want to delete the files under the "Home" section, not the attachment section below.

I don't mind if the file are still there, but it makes it hard to organize and probably take up server space.