NOAA weather alerts for tablet.

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a question for you all. I live in southern Illinois in an area that gets tornados, floods, straight line winds, and some pretty wicked storms. The last couple times we had tornado warnings my phone did the NOAA weather alert noise. I really like that, since it gives us a heads up about the weather.

But I got one this morning (flash floods until 1pm) and I noticed that my tablet did not go off. After doing some digging I found out that the alerts only go to cell connected devices. Since my Nexus 7 is only wifi I was wondering if you all had any suggestions for apps that could alert us on my tablet. The things I'm looking for in such an app is that it emits the extreme weather noise when the alert goes out (a red icon in the status bar doesn't help me at midnight), and the ability to tell the app to not alert me for things like high winds.

I would be much appreciative for any suggestions you'd have!

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Emergency alerts are given through Google Now. Check the Google Now settings to make sure it's enabled and choose the ring tone of your choice.

Google Now - Settings - Notifications.

There are also alerts that are sent through cell broadcast as you mentioned. I'm not sure Google Now sends those same alerts. I'll keep an eye out for an alternative.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma