Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Xposed Framework

    I have a rooted HTC One and which I adore completely and I used to think I knew all about it and the process of rooting and all but I not to long ago read upon Xposed Framework. I was wondering exactly what is it ?! Im aware it allows you to tweak your android phone but I was wondering exactly what kind of tweaks are these ?! I'm surmising these must be quite good tweaks considering the amount you can do with Android due to its open source nature and the wealth of tweaks custom ROMs allow for ?!
    I would heavily appreciate if you could list tweaks done please ! Thanks !
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    I have a rooted HTC One and which I adore completely and I used to think I knew all about it and the process of rooting and all but I not to long ago read upon Xposed Framework. I was wondering exactly what is it ?! Im aware it allows you to tweak your android phone but I was wondering exactly what kind of tweaks are these ?! I'm surmising these must be quite good tweaks considering the amount you can do with Android due to its open source nature and the wealth of tweaks custom ROMs allow for ?!
    I would heavily appreciate if you could list tweaks done please ! Thanks !
    What can be done to a degree can depend on the device. You can make changed in the ROM like Lock screen, status bar, and hardware key actions.
    Xposed depends on other modules to enact these changes. You need to keep Xposed and the module.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    What can be done to a degree can depend on the device. You can make changed in the ROM like Lock screen, status bar, and hardware key actions.
    Xposed depends on other modules to enact these changes. You need to keep Xposed and the module.
    I have a HTC One, so taking that into account, what can be done to it ?!
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    I have a HTC One, so taking that into account, what can be done to it ?!
    Honestly don't know. Gravity Box is a module that is pretty universal so i would start with that. If you have a custom recovery installed I would suggest updating your Nandroid, just in case.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    I think you can get you answer by searching the original source of the Xposed Framework and reading about it or watching a few youtube videos.



    I recommend doing a nandroid backup before installing modules.

    I am currently not using Xposed Framework because its not yet compatible with ART, but some of the modules I recommend are: App Settings, Gravity Box, Greenify, and Google Search API, and XPrivacy.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    I have the HTC One and run the Ecliptic One 4.4 ROM. The ROM is awesome but I also use Xposed to change things such as status bar colors, icons etc. You can also change settings such as using your volume buttons to skip tracks when the screen is off or controlling the camera. One setting I love is you can swipe down to remove all recent apps instead of having to do it one at a time. I use Snapchat so I also use the snapshare and keepchat modules. Want to make your iPhone friends jealous? Just use snapshare. These are just a few things you can accomplish using Xposed. BTW, I have XBlast, Sense 5 Toolbox, Greenify, Snapshare, and Keepchat installed on mine.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Honestly don't know. Gravity Box is a module that is pretty universal so i would start with that. If you have a custom recovery installed I would suggest updating your Nandroid, just in case.
    I have TWRP 2.6.3.3 installed so what exactly what is a nandroid ?!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    Quote Originally Posted by clemson77on View Post
    I have the HTC One and run the Ecliptic One 4.4 ROM. The ROM is awesome but I also use Xposed to change things such as status bar colors, icons etc. You can also change settings such as using your volume buttons to skip tracks when the screen is off or controlling the camera. One setting I love is you can swipe down to remove all recent apps instead of having to do it one at a time. I use Snapchat so I also use the snapshare and keepchat modules. Want to make your iPhone friends jealous? Just use snapshare. These are just a few things you can accomplish using Xposed. BTW, I have XBlast, Sense 5 Toolbox, Greenify, Snapshare, and Keepchat installed on mine.
    I was wondering what kind of ROM is that ?! Is it sense based or pure android ?! I have the greenify app installed although it was from the app store ! From what your saying Xposed Framework seems quite handy !
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    I have TWRP 2.6.3.3 installed so what exactly what is a nandroid ?!
    It's the common term for a full image backup, so just do a backup before you install Xposed Framework, in case you get bootloop or run into other issues when installing certain modules that isn't compatible with your device.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    I was wondering what kind of ROM is that ?! Is it sense based or pure android ?! I have the greenify app installed although it was from the app store ! From what your saying Xposed Framework seems quite handy !
    It's a sense based ROM. It comes in "stock look", which I prefer, and inverted, which means all the apps and menus are black instead of white. But you can use the Xposed Framework with any ROM. Like others said, be sure to make a nandroid first just in case something goes wacky.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    Quote Originally Posted by clemson77on View Post
    It's a sense based ROM. It comes in "stock look", which I prefer, and inverted, which means all the apps and menus are black instead of white. But you can use the Xposed Framework with any ROM. Like others said, be sure to make a nandroid first just in case something goes wacky.
    I've just flashed Android Revolution HD KitKat 4.4 and Sense 5.5 and Xposed Framework got installed alongside it (I was given the option). So where can I take it from here ?!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Xposed Framework

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    I've just flashed Android Revolution HD KitKat 4.4 and Sense 5.5 and Xposed Framework got installed alongside it (I was given the option). So where can I take it from here ?!
    Open up Xposed installer, install the framework (if it isn't already), then look at the download section and download whichever items you want. After that, go to the module section, check the boxes for the items you downloaded, and reboot.

Similar Threads

  1. Stop clearing Google Services Framework apk for Update
    By Shilohcane in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 06:17 PM
  2. Nexus 4 - CenterClock mod for Xposed framework and 4.4?
    By Chetan Takyar in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 09:16 PM
  3. Xposed problem
    By Rodpgfx in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 10:47 AM
  4. Will clearing Google Frameworks affect your notifications?
    By kal1209 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-23-2013, 07:02 PM
  5. G Pad Xpose Mods! Custimize a lot of your tablet!
    By joshuadjohnson22 in forum LG G Pad 8.3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

B