1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help!! Lost comma with latest "upgrade" to Swype

Title pretty much says it all. One of the reasons I use Swype is that it the keyboard includes a comma, which is a character I use ALL THE TIME. The latest update replaces the comma with a "speak now" button, which I would almost never use (I often type emails on the train, for instance, or when the family is watching TV, speaking to my phone is not an option). I tried unchecking the "show voice key" box in settings, and rebooted the gadget, but there is still an awkwardly placed microphone icon and no comma.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there a way to undo the "update"? I feel completely crippled -- I had to go to a real computer to type this email, since it was too frustrating to try to do it on the phone.

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Help!! Lost comma with latest "upgrade" to Swype

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlegal View Post
    Title pretty much says it all. One of the reasons I use Swype is that it the keyboard includes a comma, which is a character I use ALL THE TIME. The latest update replaces the comma with a "speak now" button, which I would almost never use (I often type emails on the train, for instance, or when the family is watching TV, speaking to my phone is not an option). I tried unchecking the "show voice key" box in settings, and rebooted the gadget, but there is still an awkwardly placed microphone icon and no comma.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there a way to undo the "update"? I feel completely crippled -- I had to go to a real computer to type this email, since it was too frustrating to try to do it on the phone.
    How about changing keyboards until Swipe updates theirs? Google keyboard has a swipe feature.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlegal View Post

We've answered this question in another post by you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes, thank you very much.