Help!! Lost comma with latest "upgrade" to Swype
Title pretty much says it all. One of the reasons I use Swype is that it the keyboard includes a comma, which is a character I use ALL THE TIME. The latest update replaces the comma with a "speak now" button, which I would almost never use (I often type emails on the train, for instance, or when the family is watching TV, speaking to my phone is not an option). I tried unchecking the "show voice key" box in settings, and rebooted the gadget, but there is still an awkwardly placed microphone icon and no comma.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there a way to undo the "update"? I feel completely crippled -- I had to go to a real computer to type this email, since it was too frustrating to try to do it on the phone.
- 12-24-2013, 06:46 PM #2'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- 12-24-2013, 08:19 PM #3
- By shinydiscopants in forum Moto XReplies: 7Last Post: 01-04-2014, 11:15 AM
- By BlackLS3 in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 12-30-2013, 11:21 PM
- By Gabe Raffinan in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 12-25-2013, 08:12 PM
- By JZunk in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 12-24-2013, 10:21 PM
- By Trillyx in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 12-24-2013, 02:58 PM